You caught him cheating. You checked her cellular phone and saw erotic messages that YOU didn’t send to her. The other woman calls your home to inform you of the affair. Do you go into a raging fit, terrorizing and annihilating all furniture, property, or people who stand in your way at this moment? Whatever you decide, do not worry about the past. It cannot be undone. Do not worry about your future. Only God knows the outcome. Keep your focus on the present. Think positive and do not let infidelity depress you and cause you to worry about your relationship. It’s easier said than done, but this week attempt to do at least three of the following to keep your mind, body, soul healthy:
- Go to an outlet mall and shop: handbags, accessories, shoes, clothes, etc.
- Read that novel you’ve been putting off for so long.
- Go trick or treating with the kids.
- Dress up and go to a local adult spot to enter a Halloween contest.
- Go to a spa.
- Take a yoga class.
- Get a massage.
- Go to a poetry reading.
- Take yourself out on a date and treat yourself well.
- Surprise yourself with flowers, candy, lingerie, or a gift you’ve been wanting.
- Watch an NFL game live at the stadium.
- Drive a couple hours out of town, and then get a hotel room by yourself for a night or two.
- If you have kids, drop them off at a relative’s home or daycare, and enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Watch a 3-D movie at the theatre.
- Sit outside on bench or hammock and enjoy the stars at night.
- Play basketball, volleyball, or table tennis.
- Run two miles at least three days this week.
- Have a picnic by the lake.
- Treat yourself to a first class flight to a city in which you’ve always wanted to go.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6: 25-27 New International Version
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22 New International Version
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 King James Version
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 New American Standard Bible